Blogger Templates
This blog has been retired. I won't respond to any inquiries but have retained it in case it is still of interest to anyone passing by.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Doll Store - End of an Era


Very close to the office where I work in South Great Georges Street (Dublin) is The Doll Store,  which also incorporates a doll hospital and teddy bear clinic.  It is a beautiful shop. I have been with my current employer for 10 years and walk past the doll store twice a day going to and from work.

The window displays are gorgeous with dolls, teddy bears, dolls houses, miniature china and crockery as well as all sorts of other vintage toys.


Today I noticed a sign on the window confirming that the shop is closing on the 4th February.  I was very sad to see it - presumably another casualty of the economic downturn.





The Doll Store will still be trading online (but that won't brighten up my day!)  If you click on the link I've included it will take you to their website.  On the site is this virtual tour of the store.  If like me you appreciate beautiful dolls/miniatures both past and present I'm sure you will enjoy the clip:



These fairy dolls caught my eye a few days ago.  They are absolutely adorable.  At least I've had an opportunity to photograph them before the shop is gone.


5 comments:

Kylie said...

I can remember going to the Dolls Hospital in the city (here in Perth) when I was a little girl with my Mum and really believing I was in an actual hospital for dollies. Such a special memory. It's so sad places like this don't exist anymore. All the technical gadgets in the world can't make up for stuff like this. I think today's kids are really missing out...

Darlene said...

So sad this lovely store is closing. I would have loved to visit it should I ever get to Dublin (one of my dreams) Thanks for sharing the pictures and video.

CraveCute said...

What a shame! They are darling!

Barbara said...

So sad to see another unique and beautiful shop closing down. Thanks for sharing the 'photos and video.

Unknown said...

How sad to see so many wonderful little shops close. The dolls are beautiful.

Link/within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...